Vegan Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin'
A few years ago, my sister introduced me to Rachel Ray's Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin'. I fell in love. Since then, it's what I look forward to most on the Thanksgiving menu.
After going vegan, I had a fear that Thanksgiving would be difficult. I wasn't much of a cook and I didn't want my family to feel like they needed to modify their favorite recipes just for me. I had to remind myself that Thanksgiving wasn't only about food and that I can look at it as an opportunity to learn something new.
Blake invited me to his family's Thanksgiving dinner this year. We were put in charge of the mashed potatoes, another favorite of mine, but I was also craving the sweet and salty goodness of Rachel's Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin'. So, let's modify it! Below is the recipe I used to make Vegan Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin'. It turned out great, so flavorful and just how I imagined it.
Be sure to check out our vlog below to see other vegan Thanksgiving creations. Also check out Blake's Veggie Chilli Recipe on https://dapperdadclub.com/.
Vegan Pumpkin Muffin Stuffin’ Recipe
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil (butter substitute)
- 1 fresh or dried bay leaf
- 2 to 3 apples, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 6 pumpkin muffins, crumbled
- You can make these from scratch or use a mix just be sure to substitute the butter and eggs. See video below for egg substitute suggestions.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- desired seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable stock
Peace & Love,